University undergraduates and graduates in the age group of 18 to 25 years are eligible to apply for the Work Holiday Pass. Applications are invited and accepted from applicants of all nationalities who are pursuing their education in a few select universities in any of the following 8 countries/territories: Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States. Moreover, it is mandatory that the university or college where the candidate is pursuing his or her education should be ranked among the top 200 as far as academic performance is concerned. They should match international rankings at least once in the last 5 years.

The Universities need to have been ranked by any of the below rankings:

  • Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings.
  • Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
  • Times Higher Education World University Rankings.

Once the candidates receive their Work Holiday Pass they are automatically eligible to live and seek employment in Singapore for 3 months prior to the submission of the Work Holiday Pass application. The graduates need to have been former residents as well as full time students at one of the 200 approved universities. Moreover, the candidate should not have been issued a Work Holiday Pass during the last 12-month period prior to the date the application is submitted.

The cap on the number of Wok Holiday Passes issued shall not exceed 2,000 at any given time. In case the limit is exceeded the candidate will be denied the Work Holiday Pass. The existing registration, licensing and accreditation requirements (for medicine, law etc) shall apply to all applicants.

Applicants need to produce the following documents along with the requisite information:

  • A letter from the concerned University/College stating the candidate’s matriculation, name, nationality, gender along with the date of birth.
  • For all graduates a copy of the degree certificates along with the transcripts.
  • A copy of the candidate’s passport that contains personal details

Whenever an original degree certificate or transcript or letter is in any language other than English, candidates need to submit translated copies of the documents along with the original documents that need to be certified by the University/College where the candidate pursued the course. The candidates need to pay the prescribed fees for the Work Holiday Pass on demand.