Undergraduate degree students as well as trainees from foreign countries who are non-Singaporeans are eligible to get Training Employment Pass.
Here are the conditions for eligibility for Training Employment Pass:
- For students, the training needs to be part of the curriculum
- While the students stay in Singapore they should seek employment with a salary of not less than $3,000 per month.
- If students, they need to be enrolled for a course in any of the approved Universities/colleges.
- In case the candidates are trainees, they need to be earning not less than $3,000 per month.
Training Employment Passes are valid for a period of 3 months from date of issue, and cannot be renewed. Candidates who have been issued Training Employment Pass earlier are not eligible to apply for another Training Employment Pass.
Documents that need to be produced while submitting the application
- Applications need to be submitted in the prescribed form, and need to be signed by the authorized officer of the sponsoring company/organization along with the company’s seal.
- The candidate needs to be sponsored by any established, registered company based in Singapore.
The application needs to have the following details:
- The primary objective of the training programme.
- The type of training that is going to be imparted.
- The venue and location where the training programme will be conducted.
- The total duration for which the program will last.
Candidates who have come for the purpose of pursuing higher education need to produce education documents.
All non-student applicants need to produce relevant documents establishing the fact that they have completed the relevant degree or diploma. Transcripts and mark sheets need to be attached if the country of origin is India. All candidates coming from China need to produce their Certificates of Graduation.
All student candidates need to carry a letter from the respective educational institution where they have been undergoing the course that states that the training is part of the curriculum. Along with the documents, candidates need to also annexe a recent passport size photo (within 3 months) and details of passport and other travel documents.
- Wherever the documents are in any language other than English, the applicants need to produce certified English translation in the prescribed manner.
- While submitting the application, the applicants are required to pay the prescribed fee, and another fee while receiving the Training Employment Pass.
All organizations/employers employing non-Malaysians under the Work Permit need to execute a bond with the government as per the rules.